This years 10th Annual Carp Slam After Party will be held on the SPECTACULAR 14th floor deck of the DaVita Building.
2000 16th St, Denver, CO 80202
7 PM Sept 10, 2016
The AfterParty, Evening on the South Platte is THE PARTY to attend this summer. Great Food, Beer, Fantastic Wines, Live Music (MTHDS), Silent Auction, Awards Ceremony.
Park at an RTD lot and take the light rail or A-Line Commuter rail into Union Station.
For Immediate Release
Denver Trout Unlimited Announces New Sponsors of 10th Annual Carp Slam
Non-profit raises funds for water quality in Denver with help of local businesses.
DENVER, COLO. (April 21, 2016) — Denver Trout Unlimited announces new sponsors to support their 10th Annual Carp Slam event, a pro-am fly fishing tournament and celebration to be held on the South Platte River on September 10, 2016. Joining to support water quality and quantity initiatives in Denver’s urban environment are: ECI Site Construction Management, Davis Graham and Stubbs, The Moskal Group of Merrill Lynch, Matrix Design Group, National Wildlife Federation, Loghouse Books, Dream Stream Designs, Wright Water Engineers and Big Red F Restaurant Group. Denver Trout Unlimited continues to welcome new sponsors.
Denver Trout Unlimited is a non-profit organization made up of volunteers dedicated to improving the quality and quantity of the water in the South Platte River. For ten years, Carp Slam has been Denver TU’s annual fly fishing tournament fundraiser. After a day on the river, competitors and supporters alike come together for “An Evening on the South Platte,” including an awards ceremony, live music, silent auction, food and drink.
“We are proud to welcome our first round of sponsors onboard for Carp Slam X,” says Aaron Kindle, President of Denver TU. “Carp Slam is a wonderful joining of several Denver communities; the fishing community, the river community, and the Denver community at large who appreciate our river and want to see it healthy and thriving,” he continues. Funds raised for Carp Slam by corporate sponsors and tournament participants are used for a variety of projects that improve the Denver South Platte aquatic habitat, water quality and water quantity, including restorations, studies and educational events. Denver TU’s members implement all projects.
Kindle adds, “for our tenth anniversary, we look forward to using Carp Slam to showcase our home river and success story of its revitalization; we still have sponsorships available so that more corporations can join in support of our efforts.” Denver TU offers a number of sponsorship levels for businesses and individuals to get involved in support of the local aquatic environment.
About Carp Slam X
Carp Slam X will be held on September 10, 2016 on different locations along the South Platte River. Competitors and supporters alike will come together for the Afterparty “An Evening on the River,” at a the Spectacular DaVita building on the 16th Floor Deck overlooking the South Platte River and the Rocky Mountains. The live band MTHDS will providing music.
For More Information:
CARP SLAM IX- 2015 – Carp with a fly on the Denver South Platte …more details
9/12/2015: More inches of Carp than ever. Many, many bass, and quite a few walleye.
1st Galvin/Putzier 100.75″
2nd Mueller/Wilson 58.5″
3rd Muchow/Heale 56.5″
Largest Carp- Cody Muchow 32″
Largest Exotic- Barry Reynolds 20” Walleye
Slamateur Fund Raising:
1st Place: Scott Demoss $2,306 2nd Place: Frank Wilson – $1,650 !!! Over $1,000 Shawn Coulter and Joe Marr …. Slamateurs raised over $13,228.
Put Yourself in This Picture
Scott Demoss at Carp Slam 7
Registration for the 15 amateur spots in Carp Slam 8 will open May 1, 2014 at 10:00 AM on www.carpslam.org
Click here to practice for this registration event.
Click here to REGISTER on 5/1/2014 after 10:00AM.
Your donation (any amount) will go toward restoration of the Denver South Platte and our “Trout in the Classroom” projects.
Save the date of Saturday Sept 6, 2014, for all day and into the night fun on the Denver South Platte.
- You can watch the masters and slamateurs cast and catch the most elusive and intelligent fresh water quarry ever stalked with a fly rod. Maps and viewing guide can be found on carpslam.org. Cost is $Free. Bike rentals available behind REI. This is the most outrageous fly fishing contest in the world, but please don’t cheer, shout, wave, stomp, or whistle until the carp is in the net.
- You can compete as a pro (if you are lucky enough to be recruited) or a slamateur (if you are lucky enough to get your paypal payment of $400 registration posted in time. Last years event sold out by the end of April.) Watch this space for the announcement of the opening of registration.
- As a supporter. A fierce fund raising battle will ensue among the slamateurs as they vie to show their love for the Denver South Platte and Trout in the Classroom by raising money from their friends, co-workers, probation officers, ex-wives, ex-husbands, facebook friends, Linkedin network, twitter followers, and relatives. Make an easy donation on carpslam.org for your favorite.
- As a corporate sponsor. A limited number of corporate sponsorships are available for those that love the Denver South Platte and could benefit from the exposure of this world class event (mentioned in numerous publications and carried by many media outlets.) Contact DTU President and event chairman Clem Rinehart (email@example.com) to reserve your spot.
- Come to the after-party for great sounds, mixing with the best fly casting carp anglers in the world, fine wines, great snacks, and great values on what you need at the silent auction.
Thanks to all our past Slamateurs. Hope to see you again this year.
The 8th AnnualCarp Slam Fund Raiser for the Denver South Platte is ON. 9/6/2014
Three ways to do your share.
1. Vote for your favorite.
Fierce Carp Slam competitors are feverishly raising money from their friends, bosses, family, and strangers for bragging rights, fabulous prizes, and most important to raise money for more aquatic habitat improvements, trout in the classroom, and more places to fish on the Denver South Platte. $25, $5, $100 any amount helps you and the S. Platte.
Help The Slamateurs Win -click on Competitors -Slamateurs and pick a name.
Help the Pros improve their workplace. -click on Pros.
Help the Homeless Stonefly Win click here and just send money.
Here’s who’s winning: Click here
2. Attend the afterparty 7:00PM “Evening for the South Platte” at Battery 621. 6th & Kalamath
Awards, food, drinks, silent auction, and LIVE Western Swing dance music by Ethyl & the Regulars. Just $25. Get it on line now.
Ronnie points out that this is really an incredible deal: dinner, beer, wine, cocktails, music, and dancing for $25 bucks. (After-after party continues, cover waived at the Skylark.)
Buy a Ticket
3. Bid on incredible Silent Auction Items at “Evening For the South Platte”
You’ll find all kinds of gear, trips, gift certs, rods, back packs, and more. With the right kind of strategy you can land unheard of bargains. Just $25 to get in which includes food, wine, beer, and music.
Buy a ticket
Watch the Carp Slam – 9-Noon, 2-5PM on the Denver South Platte
Check carpslam.org for maps but the best spots and best viewing are along the S. Platte trail from REI to MileHigh Stadium. This is a rugged sport. The best fly fishing carp stalkers of their kind in the nation will be on your river on Saturday Sept 7th. Don’t let you and your family miss it. Check out what happened to Dave Luna during a carp slam. This event is free of course, but you don’t want to be seen as a free-loader as others contribute to restore the aquatic habitat of the Denver South Platte. Come on. Kick in $25.
Check out Carpslam.org for the most current information on this world class event.
What Habitat Enhancements do for a Damaged River: Denver Post, August 7,2013