First Full Year DSP Temperature Analysis of Denver Trout Unlimited’s 24×7 temperature sensors shows trout friendly water.
Ronnie and Rhys’s trout survive and thrive the short term temperature peaks precisely because they have fish passage, deep pools, shaded structures, cool water seepage, park land irrigation runoff, and the diurnal (day/night) temperature swings. Making sure that trout will have deep pools and shaded structures below the water line is precisely why Denver Trout Unlimited has invested so much time, and effort on studies, meetings, and raising funds for enhanced flows from the Chatfield Environmental Pool. ...read more
Put Yourself in This Picture
Scott Demoss at Carp Slam 7
Registration for the 15 amateur spots in Carp Slam 8 will open May 1, 2014 at 10:00 AM on www.carpslam.org
Click here to practice for this registration event.
Click here to REGISTER on 5/1/2014 after 10:00AM.
Your donation (any amount) will go toward restoration of the Denver South Platte and our “Trout in the Classroom” projects.
Save the date of Saturday Sept 6, 2014, for all day and into the night fun on the Denver South Platte.
- You can watch the masters and slamateurs cast and catch the most elusive and intelligent fresh water quarry ever stalked with a fly rod. Maps and viewing guide can be found on carpslam.org. Cost is $Free. Bike rentals available behind REI. This is the most outrageous fly fishing contest in the world, but please don’t cheer, shout, wave, stomp, or whistle until the carp is in the net.
- You can compete as a pro (if you are lucky enough to be recruited) or a slamateur (if you are lucky enough to get your paypal payment of $400 registration posted in time. Last years event sold out by the end of April.) Watch this space for the announcement of the opening of registration.
- As a supporter. A fierce fund raising battle will ensue among the slamateurs as they vie to show their love for the Denver South Platte and Trout in the Classroom by raising money from their friends, co-workers, probation officers, ex-wives, ex-husbands, facebook friends, Linkedin network, twitter followers, and relatives. Make an easy donation on carpslam.org for your favorite.
- As a corporate sponsor. A limited number of corporate sponsorships are available for those that love the Denver South Platte and could benefit from the exposure of this world class event (mentioned in numerous publications and carried by many media outlets.) Contact DTU President and event chairman Clem Rinehart (email@example.com) to reserve your spot.
- Come to the after-party for great sounds, mixing with the best fly casting carp anglers in the world, fine wines, great snacks, and great values on what you need at the silent auction.
Thanks to all our past Slamateurs. Hope to see you again this year.